Why join us
Camden is home to some of the largest institutions and businesses, many of which are leading the way on tackling the climate crisis. We also have micro and small businesses that are pushing boundaries to find new ways to incorporate climate action throughout their operations.
Every organisation is at some point in their climate journey. Our network prides itself on tapping into the expertise that sits within the borough to support knowledge transfer across Alliance members.
Our network is free to join and open to all Camden based organisations. We have a range of initiatives and projects that you can get involved with straight away, from supporting local community projects, to reporting your emissions and accessing grant funded projects.
The commitment from you:
By joining Camden Climate Alliance you commit to taking positive steps to collectively contribute to help achieve the borough-wide net zero ambition by 2030, as set out in Camden Council’s Climate Action Plan.
To support this ambition you will endeavour to:
- Commit to reporting your energy data (scope 1 & 2) on a yearly basis to the CCA to capture collective member emissions reduction in our Annual Reports.
- Embed best practice environmental and carbon management into your daily activities, supported at a senior level.
- Communicate and interact with the Camden Climate Alliance and your own stakeholders, reporting performance annually and sharing knowledge and expertise for the mutual benefit of all.
- Seek to set appropriate and challenging goals and targets that will aid you in the reduction of emissions.
- Help mobilise local climate projects by supporting local community partners and schools through knowledge and resource sharing.
- Be an active and engaged member of the Alliance by attending events and workshops and/or participating in ongoing projects.
As a member you have access to resources, tools and funding opportunities through the Alliance of businesses and the CCA team.