CAMDEN SCHOOL CLIMATE CHARTER
Sustainability & the curriculum
Embed sustainability across the curriculum to ensure students are well informed and actively contributing to tackling the climate crisis in all aspects of their lives
Actions you could take:
- Find creative ways to synergise environmental themes across all lesson plans. eg: ‘Plant Plus', food recipes in Creative Writing. Climate activism in Art. Future energy systems in
- Physics. Grassroots campaigning in Citizenship. Waste in DT, etc.
- Incorporate ‘Climate convos’ into form time discussions
- Create a climate-themed drop-down day
- Link different school subjects, areas and projects to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Add embedding sustainability into all job descriptions and staff reviews
- Encourage spending time in nature, greening the space available at your school.
Greenpeace resources for Young People
Climate Ed carbon literacy workshops
Sustainability Exchange Teaching Resources
Hopes Sustainability education programme